Highly Meditated LLC. (“Company” or “We”), a Pennsylvania corporation, respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.highlymeditated.com (our “Website”) or subscribe to our services or access the content available through such website (such content and services are collectively our “Services”) and describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
• This policy applies to information we collect:
• On such website or through use of our Services.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website or in conjunction with using Services.
• It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
• Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or through use of the Services
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to the Website or through use of the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Controller Information
Highly Meditated LLC. makes decisions about how your information will be used. You can also contact us by email at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, birthdate, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, products you’ve purchased, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you. For instance, we track the number of times recipients open emails that we send, but we do not track whether you specifically opened an email that we sent to you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• From third parties, for example, PayPal.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or when you sign up to receive Services may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive inspirational messages, subscribing to our services, purchasing courses and other items, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact us through our Website, including your email address and your phone number.
• Information that you provide to us if you choose to subscribe to our free newsletters, including your email address (and your birthdate, gender, country, and zip code, if you choose to supply them).
• Information that you provide if you elect to receive a horoscope, including your gender and birthdate.
• Information that we need to fulfill a purchase order, such as when you make a purchase at our gift shop or buy an on-line course. These purchases may require you to provide your name, address, and phone number.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. We may receive certain information from third parties required for us to fulfill your orders. For instance, if you use PayPal to purchase an item from us, we may receive your email address, name, address, and phone number from PayPal.
• Usernames and passwords that we use to authenticate your access to the Website and the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Details of whether or not our users have opened our emails, although we only use this data to know the aggregate number of users who have opened our emails, not whether any particular user opened a specific email.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and the Services offered through such Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Other Tracking Technologies
We advertise on Facebook and Google. Google and Facebook use tracking technologies to collect information when you click on our ads. We do not receive any personal information from them that would allow us to identify a specific user of our Website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, to understand how our customers interact with our Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States or around the world. Google will use this information for analyzing your use of our website, generating reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google and Facebook store and process your personal information in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices You Have Over How We Use Your Personal Information.
How And Why We Use Your Information
We use your personal information so that you can access the courses and newsletters that you have paid for and/or explicitly requested, or recommend other courses that we believe you might be interested in. We also use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you (including particular courses or Services that may be offered through Website).
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
• To allow you to purchase courses and products.
• To provide you with newsletters.
• To provide you with help if you have a customer service issue.
• To notify you when a new course lesson is available.
• To notify you of new courses, products or services we think you might be interested in.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may share this demographic information (including country and zip code) with others including potential advertisers in an anonymous report. This demographic information will presented in a purely anonymous, aggregated manner that has no personal information attached to it.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Store Your Information
All personal information is stored on restricted database servers. We use industry standard measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your information once it is in our care. Our hosting provider has access to the servers. Our third party hosting provider has access to the servers on which your data is stored. We use secure sockets layer technology for transmitting your data and encrypting passwords.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of Highly Meditated LLC., whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Highly Meditated LLC. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• To our third party help desk provider, FreshDesk, which will collect your email address only if you make a help request and will allow us to access your email address so that we can respond to your customer service issues.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Highly Meditated LLC., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and resolving disputes.
Choices You Have Over How We Use Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Changing the Information Provided to Us. You can change the information that you provided to use by logging into the User Settings section of our Website.
• Unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe from daily emails here.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. We may provide certain promotional offers to you by email newsletter if you sign up for such newsletters on our Website. For instance, we may inform you about new courses that might interest you in the body of the email newsletter. We may also send you a separate email with information about featured courses. You may elect to stop receiving our email newsletters and these separate emails. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by (1) checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form); (2) logging into the Website at any time and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes; or (3) sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. Please note that if you elect to stop receiving email newsletters, in addition to electing to stop us from sending you individual emails with promotional material, you are also indicating your preference to stop receiving the email newsletters, which include more than just the promotional material.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising you may do so by using the Ads Preferences Manager. You can download an opt-out browser add-on that will allow you to opt out of Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your some of your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account and information about any orders that you may have placed with us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding access and correction of personal information, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to withdraw any consents that you have provided us. We may not accommodate a request, for instance for deletion of personal information, if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding withdrawing consent, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
We will retain your personal data as long as your account with us for receiving Services is considered to be active. We retain data that is directly relating to products that you request (whether our free newsletters or paid courses). However, we honor all requests to remove such data, although such removal will permanently remove your ability to access online products. To request removal of your data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data retention, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
To request a copy of the personal data that we retain about you, please send an email to email@example.com.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding portability, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” below.
Third Party Services
We do not sell any contact or analytics data to any third party. We use certain third party service providers to provide us with certain services and such third parties may collect information based upon your use of our Website. These include:
We have contracts with these third party service providers, and they are subject to the legal requirements of the jurisdictions in which they operate.
By using our Website and Services, you consent to your personal information being transferred to and from these third parties and processed and stored by them, and having them transfer your data to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country. We do not represent that our Website and Services or that these third party services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls, and we implement the services of a third party hosting company to provide backup services. We do not store any credit card information that you may supply to us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you the ability to choose a password for access to certain parts of our Website or to obtain certain Services available through the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or in connection with our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding data security, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” above.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to data portability, the right to restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you reside outside of the European Union, you may have similar rights under your local laws.
To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your account with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Whether you live in the European Union and you wish to exercise your right to restriction of processing or your right to object to processing or do not live in the European Union but you believe you have a right to restriction of processing or a right to object to processing under your local laws, please send an email to email@example.com .
For information about our third party service providers’ policies regarding the GDPR, please see the section captioned “Third Party Services” above.
By Electronic Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org